FSU Agenda Proposal 2012-02-03
*** Agenda Proposal ***
Items needing work at Friday 02/03/12 meeting...
Minute taker? Facilitator?
Classes in the pipeline:
- Citizen’s United at Occupy UMB (Tamzid) - Status? To do (and who)?
- MBTA at Occupy UMB (Tamzid, Heike) - Status? To do (and who)?
- Quentin Davis’s “Black Soldiers” 2/13 - Publicity? Field Support?
Free space – people were going to check on various places, Church in Harvard Sq., Library branches - any updates? SEIU 615 confirmed theoretical availability - they actually came back with a space we could have used for Quentin’s, but not until we had already confirmed and paid for the Community Church.
- movie night status
- summer school idea – discuss?
- Grace Ross 2/8; Arjun Jayadev 2/15 (90% confirmed)
- Invited and interested (not confirmed): Randy Albelda (UMB), Tim Carpenter (PDA), Harmony Wu (Progressive MA and Occupy the Burbs), Jobs with Justice
- Other suggested guests?
- anybody want to take a stab at hosting, some week?
OB-TV: We had an idea for a televised panel, lecture or series on Occupy Boston oral history. Anybody want to volunteer to get the ball rolling on this?
FSU Program for Community Gathering
We seem to have consensed on the Peace and Economics thing. Does somebody want to volunteer to figure out who maintains the CG calendar and book us a date? (It may be Facilitation who does this.) The main people we talked about to help us build this were Peace Action and Veterans for Peace. There is also a Peace Action WG, I’ve heard, but they don’t show up on OB’s lists of working groups. Other ideas? Who will volunteer to contact whom, once we have a date?
Time/place for future weekly WG meetings
- This time & (free) location booked through March. Keep it? Accessibility issue?